Thursday, August 11, 2011

Made it Myself Jump Rings.


These jump rings are the result of my cheapness and curiosity

I was bored using my usual copper coloured jump rings so I decided to make my very own silvery jump rings. At first I tried with my normal wire (normal being that it's not too big, neither it's too small) but in the end I couldn't manage to cut it off. Gawd, I nearly bruised my fingers and busted my wire cutter!

Eventually I used a smaller wire size, 0.5 to be exact. I was rather afraid if it would easily bend but after making a string of jump rings, it was quite inflexible. Therefore I decided to make a bunch of it while watching "The Count of Monte Cristo" - which is a good film, btw.

I might make smaller jump rings with coloured wire someday later in the future.

Things needed:
1. Wire
2. Something cylindric - I used a 3.0mm screw driver.
3. Wire cutter - one that is strong enough to cut the wire.
4. Patience - yes, this is definitely required!

No comments:

Post a Comment