Friday, February 26, 2016

I got the eye of the tiger!

Tiger eye stones makes me wanna sing Katy Perry's Roar but also at the same time reminds me of Rocky Balboa.

I happened to find nice tiger eye chips in a craft store in Semarang, Toko Satria, for Rp 15k/string. That is less than a dollar. I just had to buy two strings.

At Toko Satria's sister store, Ratu Paksi, I found round tiger beads in different sizes. I bought a 6mm tiger eye beads string for Rp 35k and also-if I'm not mistaken-a 14mm one for Rp 75k. It is way, way, wayyyyy cheaper to buy tiger eyes in strings because once it becomes a bracelet or any other jewelry, the cost of it is equal, or maybe more expensive than buying it in strings. I also bought assortments of other natural stone beads. It's so darn easy to spend money in those stores. Bead hoarder I am!

I turned the tiger eye chips into a ring, which looks a bit too big and messy for me but somehow my senior. who lives in Yangon, Myanmar, loved it and wanted one. So then I made one for her and also added another ring (which the stone she gave me from Yangon) and a dangly pair of earring.

Oh, funny thing is that although tiger eye beads are abundant in Yangon, my senior said that she can't find tiger eye stone chips. I guess Indonesia has more variety than Myanmar.

Here are the pics of the jewelry and way down is the tools and materials used. Enjoy!

My tiger eye ring. I haven't used it yet because it feels rather bulky.
The ones for my senior.

Tools:
Round nose plier
Flat plier
Wire cutter
Ring mandrel

Materials:
Tiger eye chips
4mm tiger eye beads
6mm tiger eye beads
Random green natural stone
0.8mm wire
Chain
Headpins
Earring hooks





No comments:

Post a Comment