Monday, February 1, 2016

The Owl...


Pussy said to the Owl, “You elegant fowl! How charmingly sweet you sing! O let us be married! too long we have tarried: But what shall we do for a ring?”
Edward Lear - The Owl and the Pussycat

I have no idea what focal stone that is being used here. I think, in Indonesian, it’s a “kecubung karang”. Kecubung is amethyst and karang is coral. But who knows, I’m no geologist.

For the wire, I used 0.8 Artistic Wire in gunmetal, another gunmetal coloured wire size 0.4, and two other type of wires for the tail and the branch. Other stones that I used are un-named pebbled stones, tiny cat eye stones and two yellow crystals.

The idea originally came from Nancy Wickman. I like it so, so much that I have to make one of my own. Do you believe that this is my first try in making this owl? Not bad, eh. Hehe.

Also posted here

Materials:
cabochon
small cat eye beads
two yellow crystal beads
white pebble beads
0.8 mm Artistic Wire in gunmetal
0.4 mm wire in gunmetal
0.8 mm soft rose-gold wire
1 mm copper wire
eye pins
toggle clasp
gunmetal chain

Tools:
round nose plier
flat nose plier
wire cutter
nylon hammer

No comments:

Post a Comment