Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Felt Cake (with strawberry on top)


I made this project during my felt craft rage. It was inspired by one of the wedding gifts that my parents received.

Unfortunately, since I didn't like to follow the exact tutorial, I had to alter a square cake into a round cake. Square cake is easier, especially if you have to insert a box inside it.

But that didn't discourage me, and ta-da, you can see the result of my persistence!

So, if you're interested, here are the basic "ingredients":

felt (any colour that you want your cake to be)
thread and needle, or glue if you're feeling lazy to sew
a small box to put inside the felt.

My box was made out of extra manila paper that I had around which I wrapped with flowery scrap cloth. Recycling? Definitely. :D


Not that neat, but I'm quite satisfied with the result


I use it to store my extra charm loops. Oh, and one of my unused SIM card.

No comments:

Post a Comment