Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Pleated Headband



What you need:
One long string/rope/cable, whatever you like (as long as it's safe)
elastic band (length - adjust to your head)
needle
thread


I learned the technique from a site in the internet. I'll show you the way it is made, but please bear in mind that the pictures are NOT mine. I'd credit the owner of the photo if I knew who.

Since I had pixie haircut, I cannot separate myself from headbands. These pleated ones are easy peasy ones made out of just one single string/rope/cable, etc.









The maroon one was used using the string left from a previous project, Sakura drawstring bag. The gold one is made from an old mouse cable. It's a good recycling project, isn't it?

So, after I complete the steps above, I sew the plait on an elastic band. I normally like gluing things, but in this case, sewing makes it stronger.

This is me wearing the cable headband. My hair was still long. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment