Thursday, July 22, 2010

Tips from a Truck Driver

Okay, so here I am lying on my bed at 1: 18 am and typing. Most people (like my parents, for instance) are already asleep. But some people, like me, are the restless type. I somehow cannot sleep early unless I'm really, really too tired to face the world. *exaggerating but who cares. :p

Well, this reminds me of the conversation that I had with a truck driver a month ago (1607). I was on my way to Jepara at that time and he happened to sit in front of me, next to the driver. When he said that he was a truck driver, I became rather curious. How did he manage to survive not-getting-the-sleep-attack during driving? Night traffic in my country is really dangerous because buses and trucks usually drive "fast and furious" at night. One small mistake can cause us meet our maker sooner than intended.

Four simple advices from Mr Truck Driver on how to stay awake:
1. Don't eat till you are full.
2. Choose foods that don't make us drowsy. Foods like kangkung (dunno what the English is) and aubergine or eggplant should be avoided.
3. Drink mineral water, not coffee.
4. Energy drinks are just extra boost up for the stamina.

But for those who are (rather) insomniac like me, here is his advice to be able to sleep quickly:
1. Eat until you are full.
2. Drink sleeping tablet or something like that.

I think his advices are useful although I have yet to try it to see the effectiveness on my body mechanism. What I rather regret is, it's a shame that I didn't get these advices during the hard days (er, nights :p ) when I wrote my final project. It's health appeal sounds better than coffee's caffeine.


Coffee, anyone? :)

1 comment:

  1. Hm, that would be advisable if you're planning on doing some all night driving. You really need to stay awake when you're driving a truck. Considering the size of your vehicle, road safety is definitely important!

    ReplyDelete