Friday, September 3, 2010

Memory-Scanning Device

If I were a mad genius, I’d make a “memory-scanning device”. This is a device that enables what we think or whatever thing in our mind to be scanned on screen. We just stick this thing on the sides of our temples, process the memory in our brain, and then it would appear on the screen. If you’ve read Harry Potter, it’s more or less like a pensieve, which we can see our past memories, but without extracting the “memory thread”.

I’ve always wanted something like this considering sometimes we go out and see things with our eyes but didn’t have the chance to capture it on camera. However, quoting from one of my friend (@nisa_interisti), “Our eyes are the best camera in this world”. I capture things with my eyes and save the content in my brain.

Two days ago I saw two mice fighting on the street. I hate mice (yes, I know, they hate me too), but I can’t help thinking that they kinda looked cute fighting each other like that. They sort of looked like characters from Tom and Jerry cartoon. Their fight keeps on replaying and replaying in my head.


This is what I had in mind

Other things that I’ve saved in my brain:
1. Frogs copulating. The string of eggs amuses me. After 7 years, it still amuses me.
2. Silver lightning bolt. It was just pretty.
3. My cat’s kitten time. I do have some pictures of his kitty cuteness, but I feel that those pics are never enough.
4. The coral under the sea. I don’t have underwater camera, so I just can never ever forget it.
5. The red moon. I saw this agesss ago. I thought it was Mars. Could be, dunno. However, it was really round, red, and alluring (now I feel like a cross breed of Sailor Moon and Sailor Mars. LOL.)

These are only a small example of what I can remember. If I dig in deep into my memory, there must be heaps more. Memory is lovely, too bad we cannot share the vivid images in our mind to other people, unless they also saw the same thing. But then, different imaginations makes this world such a beautiful place.

Nevertheless, I still want this device. Oh dear scientists, pretty please make it for me?! :p

No comments:

Post a Comment